An Andgo customer was facing a number of challenges keeping up with the staffing demand of filling unexpected vacancies. After a number of budget cutbacks, the department was in crisis mode. In order to keep up with this increased workload, it was estimated that an additional 40 admin staff would be needed to manage. It became clear that the current process was not sustainable. Better, more efficient solutions were needed to ensure that work was completed in an accurate, timely matter.
Tracking key metrics showed that change was considered a necessity.
Continuing on this path, the customer would be facing a $30 million deficit if no changes were made to their scheduling processes.
Partnering with Andgo (The Solution)
The fully automated, integrated and streamlined processes within Andgo leveraged the client’s existing scheduling software with minimal disruption. Modifiable rules and logic were embedded to take into account the unique labour union rules and policies present in Healthcare environments.
With the launch of Andgo, the clients’ main issues have subsided and significant efficiencies have been realized. This new and improved system has empowered staff and managers to plan their shifts in advance, even on the go from their smartphones.
Benefits for Employees
- View schedules from the past, present and into the future
- View, bid and cancel pre-booked shifts
- Submit automatic bids
- Accept single, multiple or block shifts
- Update their own personal information
- Identify their availability
- Input exceptions on shifts for sick days, vacation, etc.
Benefits for Managers/Admins
Intelligent workflow automation empowers managers/admins to focus on more strategic and efficient tasks, increasing their efficiency and job satisfaction, while reducing errors.
- Quickly and efficiently fill shifts
- Streamlined communication with staff
- Reduce costs associated with the scheduling process
- Department managers have the ability to access analytics & reports, providing insights into scheduling patterns
Benefits for Staff Schedulers
More accurately and equitably fill shifts and allocate vacation in a fraction of the time in comparison to manual processes, significantly reducing costs and risks.
- Optimized workflow dashboard to improve shift processing efficiency
- Right person, right shift, right time = improving quality of patient care
- Employee responses are collected, organized and displayed automatically, improving communication with employees
- Staff schedulers can create & post schedules months in advance
Results & Outcomes
Scheduling staff can now fill over 140 relief shifts per day, allowing them to allocate resources into work that is more strategic in nature. Deploying Andgo has resulted in: